You must put your machine on a solid and stable concrete foundation. The standard 6" (150 mm) concrete floor in industrial buildings is usually sufficient. However, Large-Frame machines may require a 12" (300 mm) concrete foundation. The EC-1600 must be on a 12" (300 mm) foundation. Refer to these specifications:
- The concrete must be poured directly on the grade.
- The concrete must be 3500 psi (240 bar) at 28-day strength.
- The concrete aggregate must be 1" (25 mm) mix.
- The steel reinforcement must be 40 ksi (2700 bar) tensile strength.
- The excavation must be cut near flat ground. Remove any loose material in the excavation. This prevents settling.
- Follow all local building codes and regulations.
- Continuous slab
- Note: The EC-1600 series and UMC-1600-H must be on a 12" (300 mm) foundation.
This machine requires an anchoring kit. Click here to view anchoring kits for your machine
Machine anchor kits are available from your HFO. These kits do not meet building, seismic, or stationary equipment installation specifications. Contact a specialist if you need to meet these specifications.
- Click here for the anchoring instructions and anchor footprint.
☑ Machine Placement
You can use a forklift, roller dolly, or an overhead crane to move your machine. Be sure to use a lifting device with sufficient capacity.
Refer to this list when you plan your machine placement:
- Put the machine onto a continuous concrete slab.
- The leveling feet of the machine must be at least 12" (300 mm) from the edge of the concrete slab.
- Isolate the machine from vibration from other machines or other sources.
- Do not put the machine on inappropriate surfaces. This includes asphalt, brick, wood, or dirt.
- If you plan to put the machine on a floor other than the ground level, consult with a structural expert.
You must have access to the control cabinet for safety and regular operations. Make sure you have a space of 3' (1 m) between the control cabinet and any structures.
Your HFO service technician completes the final leveling procedure.
☑ Optional Component Location
Make sure the machine location has sufficient space for optional components, such as:
- Chip Conveyor – You must have space to remove and install the conveyor for maintenance.
- Haas Bar Feeder – You must have space on the spindle side of the machine.
- External Transformers.